Horizontes, a leading Costa Rica-based nature tour operator is honored to be the official ground operator for the International Travelers’ Philanthropy Conference. During 25 years of operation, Horizontes has always focused in doing what is right for conservation and for local communities. Click here for more about Horizontes.
The following tour program has been designed especially for the 3rd International Traveler´s Philantropy Conference. All are designed with outstanding tourism partners committed to social and environmental good practices. In order to enrich your stay in Costa Rica, we invite you go on one or more of these pre- and post- conference tours.
To book a tour or for more details, please email email@example.com. You will be sent full payment details once you chose the tour.
Single Day Tours around San José
These one day tours are being offered on the following days before and after the Traveler´s Philanthropy Conference:
- Tour #1. Pacuare River Rafting Tour (Class III and IV) A Carbon-Neutral, Environmentally-Friendly Adventure
- Tour #2. INBioparque and Sibu Chocolate Factory
- Tour #3. Irazú Volcano, Orosi Valley and Lankester Gardens
- Tour #4. Poas Volcano and Sarchi Oxcart Factories
- Tour #5. Palmichal Coffee and Native Medicine Tour
- Tour #6. Agrotourism Visit to El Copal Reserve
Single Day Tours from Monteverde: available between July 21 – 25
These one-day tours are available for family and friends of conference goers during the conference and for conference participants (and family and friends) after the conference is over.
- Tour #1. Community Based Conservation
- Tour #2. Fair Trade Coffee and Organic Vegetable Farm
- Tour #3. Conservation, Crafts and Cheese
- Tour #4. Conservation & Crafts
- Tour #5. Tow Micro Enterprises: Handmade Paper and Homegrown Coffee
Multi-Day Tours: Beginning from San Jose before the conference and from Monteverde after the conference
These multi-day tours are being offered on the following days before and after the Traveler´s Philanthropy Conference: